WIC Coordinator (Juneau)
SouthEast Alaska Regional Health Consortium (SEARHC)
The WIC Coordinator/RD works as a member of the SEARHC health promotion team to assess for, plan, implement, administer and evaluate nutrition and health education programming that responds to Goals 8 and 9 in SEARHC's Strategic Plan. The WIC Coordinator also works to ensure high quality WIC services are provided to eligible women, infants and children throughout Southeast Alaska. Additionally, the WIC Coordinator partners with organizations working with the WIC population to make appropriate referrals and to enhance the WIC program. This is a grant funded position.
Baseline Qualification Requirements:
- BS in Community Nutrition/Dietetics or nutrition related field.
- 4 years clinical nutrition and/or community nutrition work experience with specific progressive experiences in maternal/child nutrition, outpatient medical nutrition therapy, and program planning and administration.
- Must be both a Registered Dietitian and Licensed Dietitian/Licensed Nutritionist. Must obtain Alaska specific licensure within 5 months of hire.
- Must adhere to the American Dietetic Association code of ethics and complete 75 continuing education credits every 5 years as required by registration and licensure plus keep current on registration and licensing payments.
- Valid drivers license required. Must obtain Alaska specific license within 5 months of hire.
- Ability to travel, including to remote Southeast Alaska locations required.
- Supervision/mentoring training preferred.
About SouthEast Alaska Regional Health Consortium (SEARHC):
We are a consortium of 18 Native communities in Southeast Alaska, and our highest priority is to be responsive to the needs of those communities. Our board representatives are selected by the tribal governing body in each community. We maintain strong ties to the communities, to our culture, and to our elders. Wherever possible we incorporate traditional Native cultural practices and values into our health care delivery system.
We offer excellent salaries and a comprehensive employee friendly benefit package. Contact us today to discuss working in an environment where our focus is on quality, where employees find both relaxing and adventurous opportunities and where you can make a difference in rural Alaska and Tribal health care.
Click here to apply: http://c4ffd84b.bqjob1.com/60e37c29
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers