Individual Support Specialist/Caregiver (Tagalog preferred) (Juneau, AK)
Kailangan niyo po ban g trabaho na parang nasa Pilipinas lang kayo? Join our team as an Individual Support Specialist/Caregiver where you will provide direct support to one of our individuals who experiences a disability. This position focuses on teaching and modeling skills that foster independence and community integration as outlined in the Individual Support Plan and Plan of Care. MABUHAY!!!
An ISS must be comfortable with:
► Teaching and providing all aspects of personal care
► Performing light housekeeping duties to ensure the home is clean and safe
► Transporting clients to and from personal appointments and community events
► Administering medications as needed
► Completing accurate notes and records of supports provided
We also provide paid classroom and on-the-job training; it is not necessary for applicants to have prior experience, just a positive attitude and willingness to learn!
This position is Monday -- Saturday, 4pm to 11pm.
• High School Diploma or GED
• Valid AK driver license, responsible driving record and proof of vehicle insurance
• Experience working with individuals who experience disabilities strongly preferred
• Ability to lift 50 lbs, or 1/3 of body weight, whichever is less, on a regular basis
• Must be 18 years or older
• Successful clearance of local and/or state background checks
To apply, please visit our website at www.hopealaska.org and complete an online application, or download a printable application form to fill out by hand. Submit paper applications by mail, fax or in person at 9301 Glacier Hwy, Ste 100 (in the Professional Plaza).
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers