Mental Health Therapist (Ketchikan)
compensation: $51,000-58,000 DOE
Community Connections Children's Mental Health program is currently recruiting for a full-time therapist position working with children and families. Responsibilities include completing comprehensive assessments, clinically supervising foster parents and direct service staff, and actively facilitating treatment planning with a multidisciplinary team. This position also requires the ability to conduct individual, family and group therapy. Applicants must be dedicated to highly individualized, intensive, family centered interventions. Applicants must have minimum of a master's degree in counseling or a related field, licensed or the ability to become licensed in Alaska.
Competitive salary, benefits and moving expenses.
Visit company website for full job description and application instructions: www.comconnections.org or email current resume and cover letter to email attached.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
1. Ability to provide mental health assessments and develop treatment plans in partnership with families
and other team members.
2. Ability to give direction to the entire treatment team and ensure the implementation of therapeutic
3. Ability to provide direct therapy for individuals, families and groups.
4. Has strong written and oral communication skills with diverse populations including families, team
members and the public.
5. Contributes to the professional reputation of the agency.
Masters degree in one of the following areas: counseling, social work, psychology, marriage and family therapy or a field directly related to children's mental health counseling. Must be familiar with DSM IV and the Multi--Axis diagnostic system. Must be licensed or licensure eligible and have two years community mental health and/or professional experience working with children.
Candidate must be able to obtain an Alaska Drivers License and liability insurance as well as able to travel in small planes.
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers