compensation: DOE plus full benefits employment type: full-time job title: Accounting Technician
QR Code Link to This Post
Alaskan Brewing Company is searching for an Accounting Technician to join the Brew Crew!
Position: Accounting Technician
Location: Juneau, Alaska
Hours: Full time, 40 hrs/wk. Overtime may occasionally be required.
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), Paid Time Off, Employee Stock Ownership, Life Insurance, AD&D, Short- & Long-Term Disability Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Employee Assistance, Group Rate Pet Insurance, Beer, and more!
A Little About Us:
Alaskan Brewing Company is an award-winning craft brewery located in Juneau, Alaska. At Alaskan Brewing, our vision is to be a leader in the Craft Brewing Industry, focused on quality, community, and innovation. Alaskan Brewing Company remains locally owned and operated with the same core group of original investors, plus employee-investors and an employee stock ownership plan. Our core values are ethical, excellence, rooted in Alaska; with a continuing priority of making our workplace safe, fun, challenging, innovative and environmentally proactive.
Alaskan Brewing Company is searching for an Accounting Technician. This is a generalist position that may work in or provide back-up in multiple areas of Accounting including but not limited to Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, and Order Desk. Job duties include but are not limited to the following:
• Using batch accounting software, pay supplier invoices and debt as they become due in a timely manner, taking all allowable discounts.
• Using batch accounting software, process product shipments and issue invoices to customers, and ensure that receivables are collected promptly.
• Communicates with other departments, vendors, and customers to ensure accounts stay current and that any issues are resolved in a timely manner.
• Record cash receipts and make bank deposits.
• Monitor and record fixed asset purchases in fixed asset software; maintain appropriate detailed backup to allow on-going management of assets.
• Conduct periodic reconciliations of accounts to ensure their accuracy, including bank account reconciliations and reconciliations of Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivables subsidiary ledgers.
• Maintain and reconcile petty cash.
• Assemble information for the external auditors for annual audit.
• Reconciliation of monthly general ledger and other subsidiary schedules and related reporting.
• Reviewing and reconciling accrued purchases and inventory in transit to ensure inventory is received at the correct cost.
• May assist with preparation of reports on financial or sales volume data, as required.
• May prepare written reports, letters, SOPs, and other documents which require strong written communication skills.
• May be required to perform special projects or research, researching alternatives thoroughly, compiling data, and presenting in a useful manner.
• May provide back-up in other administrative areas or retail as needed.
Skills and knowledge needed to be successful in this position include:
• Basic bookkeeping concepts and practices.
• Minimum 2 years prior experience working in computerized accounting environment, or equivalent education.
• Prior experience in purchasing/logistics function may be useful.
• Strong computer skills and experience in MS Office products and accounting software.
• Ability to create and maintain effective relationships with brewery personnel and all stakeholders.
• Possess strong analytical and organizational skills.
• Strong communication skills, both verbally and written.
Live. Life. Alaskan. The Alaskan Brew Crew have a passion for our beer, the outdoors, and living life Alaskan. We are hikers, bikers, wildlife watchers, boaters, anglers, photographers, skiers, snowboarders, rock-climbers, foragers, beach goers, dog-walkers and all-around enthusiasts who enjoy taking our brews on adventures. We are also cooks, musicians, artists, volunteers, and stewards of the land we live on, deeply rooted in our community. Join the Alaskan Brew Crew and start to live life Alaskan.
If you are interested in Living Life Alaskan, please apply at alaskanbeer.com/careers.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers